Monday, November 8, 2010

{30 Days of Thanks~Day 8}

Today I'm thankful for God's forgiveness.

I could just end the post right there---there's so much to say and yet, nothing else needs to be said. I am sinful. That's the truth in my life---don't worry---no major confession coming here! Read on!

I had a moment of deep humility today after showing my sinfulness. I sat at my desk later in the day when I had a moment and just thanked the Lord for his grace in my life. What did I do to deserve this gift? Why would a just God love me/forgive me when he sees me like I truly am? I have no answer for this, but I am so grateful.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2: 1-2

Do you need forgiveness today? Thank the Lord it is offered freely to all~

No comments: