Thursday, November 4, 2010

{30 Days of Thanks~Day 4}

Today I'm thankful for this:


OK, he's not really a "this"---he's a young man---my son-in-law. I haven't said that very often---it's strange to be an inlaw. You know, that's what your parents are---NOT YOU, right?

BUT, I am so grateful for him--Carson. Ever since Caitlin came into this world I have prayed for her mate.
  • I prayed that he would love her, and show her the kindness that everyone needs. 
  • I prayed that he would love the Lord---with his whole heart, that he would lead his wife to love him more and teach his children to do the same.
  • I prayed that he would be a motivated worker in whatever job he wanted to do. 
  • I prayed that he would be a loving and active father in his kid's lives.
  • I prayed that his parents would stay together and love each other.
OH MY--did the Father answer my prayers! It was just over a year ago that Caitlin and Carson were engaged---that's unbelieveable to me---SOOOO much has changed in this last year. In that one year I have started to get to know this gift to our family and he's such a great fit. You know how inlaws need to "fit" right? :) He's everything I prayed for. I'm so grateful to the Lord for his provision to Caitlin and our whole family.


 My heart is full of gratitude for his parents who loved him and raised him to love the Father. What a gift this is to MY family. We are all so happy to have a larger family now! AND, a sweet little granddaugther to fight over....uh, love! ;D But, that's another thing I'm thankful for, and that's for another day!


This is what I'm thankful for today~

No comments: