So, why am I thankful for my job?
- I love the people I work with. The Lower School at Trinity is separated into two buildings---my classroom is in Building B. I love the teachers on my Hall---we laugh, and cry, and pray, and rant with each other on a daily basis. I am so blessed to have godly women to work with who encourage me to do the right thing everyday---
- I love the students! Seriously---I have taught for a long time, in several different environments and these are the best children ever. Of course, they aren't perfect---there's plenty of frustration....but I love them and I laugh with them. We have FUN learning and that's what it's about.
- I love the families of these children. Again, I've seen a lot of "parents" in my teaching time and the Trinity Community is a unique place. They are such supporters of their children and all that I do with them. You won't find better parents~
- My job is part-time---:) This is one of the BIG reasons I love it! Honestly, I don't think I could do this full time---I'd fall apart! There's just so much to do and if I worked full time I'd have no time to do any of it! This year, I have a great schedule---working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday---very sweet!
- I love the community at Trintiy---the entire community is a special place. I wish I could describe it to people---there's something unique and precious about the Trinity community and this makes my job even more enjoyable.
- I love our Head of School---Robert Littlejohn. He's a great visionary---he loves this institution and what it stands for. I trust him. He's been good for us and I hope he will stay with us for a very long time.
So, do you like your job? What are you thankful for today?