Saturday, November 27, 2010

{30 Days of Thanks~Day 27}

I'm thankful today for another day at home. This one however, was a little different than yesterday. Today I mowed and blew leaves for about three hours, made 3 batches of cupcakes (for my students next week....shhhh!), got down all the Christmas decorations, went to the grocery store to prepare for next week, made dinner and watched the all too sad NC State game. ; (

Soooooooooooooooo, I did mention that I brought down all the Christmas decorations, right??? They fill my "non-dining" dining room....and spill over into my den....REALLY! I didn't really have time to actually do any decorating, but at least I have it all downstairs!






Here's more of the mess---
And the last picture---I didn't even take pictures in the den....I figured you probably know what it's like----your home may have looked like this earlier this week, too! I do love pulling everything out---deciding where to put it all; remembering the new items I bought the day after Christmas last year; looking through the gifts I bought last year and remembering how far ahead I am with the gift buying---whew!

I have enjoyed my week off, but I'm thankful for this advent season.  The next two weeks will be a bit of a blur. I don't want to get caught up in the insanity and forget why we celebrate in the first place. I have much to be thankful for---and I hope I will have time to share some of our advent experiences with you. Thanks for stopping by~

No comments: