Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{30 Days of Thanks~Day 3}

WOW---so much to be thankful for. It sounds crazy with all of God's blessings, family, amazing friends, that I would be so thankful for this---but TECHNOLOGY has been a blessing in my life---and I can say, especially today!
  • I'm thankful that I can get an email from my child who is traveling the world within a minute of her sending it.
  • I'm thankful for the same technology to be able to email with my husband who is overseas on business. (and can I say I'm grateful that he doesn't travel all that often---I like it when he's home!)
  • I'm thankful for Skype-the fact that I can talk to people here in Raleigh or on the other side of the world as long as I have internet access---oh, and can you say FREE!!!???
  • Even MORE crazy---I have skype on MY PHONE---insane!
  • I'm thankful that I can catch up with old friends---via facebook---'nuff said about that. Oh,---that's on my phone, too--more crazy!
  • I am thankful that I can sit on my bed and have mindless television playing while I type this blog post==uh, that there are such things as BLOGS---and "the interweb"---;-D I'm thankful for that, too!
Again, I know in light of eternity, these things aren't that significant---but it certainly makes life easier when your loved ones are overseas (or just out of town) and you can have instant access to them. I think of the missionaries I would hear of when I was growing up who went overseas and would RARELY talk to their family members---much less anyone else. Now, they are able to still be a part of their lives with the aid of such advanced technology---WOW! Technology keeps me in touch with my family---at least for today---for this, I'm grateful.

No comments: