Sunday, November 14, 2010

{30 Days of Thanks~Day 13}

Yes---I know it's the 14th---but I'm still on the thirteenth. I'm so thankful for my home.

This is a picture of our backyard in January when we had a nice snowfall.

And this is our backyard---a bit rough---at Hannah's graduation party in the Spring.


Part of our side yard--

Our kitchen

I looked through my pictures briefly for a picture of the front of our house, but couldn't find one--I know I've taken them, but these are just a few that I ran across. You know, it's funny. There are so many things we would love to do to our home, but frankly, we haven't had the funds to do this---other priorities have taken us in other directions. But our home is warm and comfortable. We don't have an updated kitchen, or bathrooms. Our carpet is ancient. But we are happy here. I'd love to have a sparkly, new kitchen---but, we have  great family dinners around our 35 year old table with the "faux" wood top! Our home is a place of respite after a long day---and this is what I want it to be. There will be other houses for us---I just hope they are as wonderful as this one---We are so blessed to have it and I know it is a gift from the Lord.

No comments: