Friday, November 4, 2011

{Thirty Days of Thanks~Day 4}

Today I must say, I am most grateful for peace. It has been remarkable how the LORD has given me such peace in 2011. I can truly say this has been a year full of anxiety---and yet the peace of God which surpasses all understanding has guarded my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Isn't it interesting that this peace OF GOD guards our HEARTS and our MINDS in Christ Jesus. These are the TWO PLACES anxiety loves to live---in our hearts and in our minds.  I think in my circumstances this is EXACTLY where anxiety lives---now, don't get me wrong--I've had my share of anxiety this year---just ask some of my confidants! ---but I'm so grateful that I can walk in peace; that I can be FREE of anxiety.

I remember watching my sister go through cancer and marveling at her ability to be at peace. Now, my head knew that she was at peace because the Father GAVE her that peace, but I think somewhere in my mind-----way back in the back----I thought she MUST be "conjuring up" this peace. Well, now I know---that it's just THERE for you---and it's amazing. Why don't I walk in his peace ALL THE TIME? Why do I fret over every little thing---things that just don't matter?

In my class at school I teach a hymn of the month---I choose them all in the summer. Our hymn for November is Like a River Glorious. As I was introducing it to them this week, I was reminded that God's peace is a gift freely given in Christ and I should NEVER take that for granted. I love the refrain of this hymn--"Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blessed. Finding as he promised, perfect peace and rest." I hope I can learn to live in peace in all of life's circumstances---not just those that overwhelm me. This is a daily exercise for me---to trust EVERYTHING to him---not just the big stuff.

I have some posts coming up with LOTS of pictures (if I can find the time this weekend to put them together-). These are the posts I love---words, words, words=blah, blah, blah! ;D Pictures=1000 words...or so "they" say! I'll close with the text to the hymn---kinda like a pastor---but I didn't have three points.....oh, and I'm a woman.....but we won't go there! HA~ Thanks so much for stopping by today---I hope you are thankful today for the peace of Christ. If you don't KNOW the peace of Christ---I can tell you how you can. Email me!

Like a River Glorious

Like a river glorious, is God's perfect peace,
Over all victorious, in its bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth, fuller every day,
 Perfect, yet it groweth, deeper all the way.
Refrain:
Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as he promised, perfect peace and rest.

Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,
Never foe can follow, never traitor stand;
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,
Not a blast of hurry touch the spirit there. Refrain

Every joy or trial falleth from above, 
Traced upon our dial by the Sun of Love;
We may trust Him fully all for us to do.
They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true. Refrain


No comments: