Saturday, November 12, 2011

{Thirty Days of Thanks~Day 12}

I'm thankful for some time at home today. I don't work TEACH on Fridays, but usually I have to go to school to work. There's just too much to do and not enough time to do it, so I work on Fridays. At least when I do work, I have the freedom to work from home. That is always a blessing. Today, however, I didn't do school work. It was a nice respite. I DID LOTS of work at my house---some serious cleaning took place, but I SO enjoyed myself. I long to be home more. That's all I ever wanted to do. I am grateful for the ability to do my job and my job has blessed my family. I love my students and am so grateful for my time with them, but I LOVE being at home more. My children couldn't have attended Trinity Academy had I not worked, but I never wanted a career---I still don't. Well, perhaps I should rephrase---the only career I've ever truly wanted was wife/mom. SO, being at home fulfills me---it FEEDS my soul. I am praying for a day soon that I will be able to be at home again--even if I need to work, hopefully I will be able to work from home. The school keeps growing, so my hours keep growing. When I first began I worked about 12 hours a week----no more!

So, I have rambled on about work, when what I'm thankful for today is time at home---THIS is the greatest blessing---to have a quiet day at home to catch up on some things. I could work this way everyday for a week and I'd still have plenty of projects in my house, but at least I made some headway today. It was a good day---and I am grateful.

No comments: