Friday, November 25, 2011

{Thirty Days of Thanks~Day 25}

Oh my! I'm so late today---so sorry about that! I did this today:


This is actually a picture of last year's Christmas stuff---I didn't take a picture of it this year---even though this room is now a beautiful APPLE GREEN and it looks so pretty---I figured you could figure out what I was doing with any picture! Actually, most of what I did today was put lights on my garland for my deck---I had NO idea it would take me so long---THAT is why people buy garland with lights ALREADY ON-----AHHHHHH! GOT IT!

Anyway, it's done now, so that's good. I hope to get a lot done this weekend. Next week will be crazy for me, so if I don't get a lot done this weekend, it just won't happen. I'm so grateful to have a day to get started on this.

I am looking forward to this season. Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of year. I love how festive everything looks, I love my home at Christmas---I'm no Martha Stewart, but I do enjoy adding extra color and fun to my home at Christmas. I love wrapping up pretty packages (and tying them with string---had to say it). I AM using brown paper packages this Christmas---just so you know! Lots of brown paper, red ribbon and newsprint/music print. It ought to be fun!

Anyway, today I'm grateful for a few things---for the start of the Christmas season---White Christmas was officially viewed today---we didn't finish it, but we started it and that is a big deal around here! Christmas music was turned on. Garland was put up....I'm grateful.

I'm also grateful I survived yesterday---that sounds quite dramatic, I know. I don't mean for it to---but it was a hard day for me and I'm just glad to have made it through that "first" major holiday. We took pictures for my Christmas card---here's a peek---yet another thing to be thankful for. In spite of the circumstances I find myself in---I have a beautiful life---here are a few reasons why! I hope your "black friday" was a great one---I didn't go to ONE store---I usually do---but the internet called! Let me know how YOUR Thanksgiving was!









1 comment:

Leah F said...

Beautiful pictures, kathleen! We also watched White Christmas yesterday--it is a finn family tradition. Praying you are extra blessed this holiday season, my friend. Much love and hugs.