Sunday, August 24, 2008

{Thank You}


I can never have enough Thank you cards---I feel like I always need one! There's a girl at work who always goes above and beyond---she did something so nice for me, so I had to make a card. I used Lauren Meador's sketch from last week---08/16/08. I know, I know, I should have already uploaded this, but the first week of school got to me! I finished it days ago, but just couldn't get it posted. Anyway, you can find the sketch here. She already has a new one up here if you'd like to see it, too. Anyway, here's my take on the first sketch-

I started out with a 5.25 piece of Aqua Mist cardstock from Papertrey Ink. (PTI) I love the weight of this paper (OK---I know, I sound like a real crafting nerd, but seriously, it's great paper!) I added patterned paper from the Everyday Blessings 12 x 12 pack.


I used my Spellbinder's Nestabilities Dies to cut the circle and scalloped circle. Then I stamped the flower from Stampin' Up's Best Blossoms in Sage Shadow---now, I know you are wondering why I would use Sage Shadow and not use Aqua Mist---my Aqua Mist is SO pale that you can hardly see it----they didn't have any refills when I ordered my pad, so I hope it just needs to be reinked. I'll try to buy a reinker when I place another order. (Are any of you having this problem with yourAqua Mist ink pad, or is it just me?) OK---back to the card! I stamped my sentiment from the same set onto vellum with the Dark Chocolate ink. I LOVE this chocolate color---
I used my Creative Memories square punch for my squares and then rounded them with the SU! corner rounder. I used more paper from the Everyday Blessings pack and then layered them onto Spring Moss cardstock (also PTI). I added some buttons from a pack that I've had for awhile. I've lost the packaging, so I don't know the brand. I'm starting to think they may have been some Foof-a-la buttons. The packaging looks just like some of their packaging they have right now, but when I bought them I didn't know anything about them. I bought them before I really began posting anywhere, so I didn't care who made what--*GASP*! Anyway, I'm sorry I can't tell you who made them! I used some linen thread from Stamping Up to thread my buttons. I like to have thread in my button holes---I don't know why, but I think it looks more finished. I finished the card off with a piece of 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon.


ETA: I thought I had added this, but perhaps I hadn't saved it before I published---anyway, I received a blog award early in the month and I haven't remembered to post it---how rude is that!

Lisa Thibault over at Craft Store Junkie gave me this award. How sweet is that!? Lisa has some amazing projects on her blog---I know you'll find some great things if you visit her! Thanks Lisa for thinking of me!

I'm supposed to link 7 other blogs, but I'm not going to right now---I hope to be back to do that at another time!



I hope you have a great Sunday! I hope to get some stamping in tonight~a nap is in order this afternoon---it's the Sunday thing to do!

Kathleen

No comments: