Saturday, August 16, 2008

{Let's Try this again}

I'm so sorry I haven't been back on to let you know that my pictures are safe!! I am backing them up this weekend, however, after that big scare! Something had happened with the USB port, so the computer wasn't reading what was plugged into it. I'm sure if you are a computer person you are laughing right now, but that's what I picked up when my husband came downstairs to look at it and fixed it in about 3 minutes---ahhhhhhhh, deep breath!

Here's the card I made for my parents---I didn't spend enough time on it---this is always the case for me--let's think about this. I have known for a year, yes, an entire year, that my parents would have this anniversary---but I didn't make the card until the night before I needed it---AND, I started REALLY late. Now, this wouldn't be a problem for some people, because they could just sneak into their stamp room and go crazy. BUT, my stamp room is IN my bedroom, so when I'm up stamping I'm right in my husband's space. Fortunately, he really doesn't mind---but I always feel bad making those stamping noises when he's reading, watching TV or sleeping! All of this is just a disclaimer, that this isn't the finest card I've ever made!

I started out with Lauren Meader's sketch from last week (8/16/08)---you can find it here.
For the card base, I used PTI's Dark Chocolate and layered it with Vintage Cream, then I embossed the Pretty in Pink cardstock with the Stylized Flowers Embossing folder. I find that when I need a fast card, I go to the folders----it makes the card seem pretty without taking very long! Anyway, I colored my flowers from SU's Merci with SU markers. (Until I get some Copic markers, I'm limited to how I can use my papers that don't have markers....I have other mediums to use, but when I'm in a hurry, I always go back to my SU markers!) I added a strip of dark chocolate satin ribbon and actually covered up a mistake with the sentiment---from Wedding Favors by Papertrey Ink. The circle is from Boxes, Bags and Tags. I added the Bella Baubles down the side and I was done. Of course, after I photographed it and finally pulled it up today, the card was already at my parents' house and I thought of all sorts of changes I would have made...maybe some distress ink on the edges of the image, or some score lines at the top.....I guess I'll just have to stamp some other card today and see if I can make it look like it should! ; }

Thanks so much for stopping by---I have another Cupcake Challenge from Taylor and some First Day of school teacher gifts to share in a few days! I hope you enjoy your Saturday!

Hugs~
Kathleen



Stuff I used:
Stamps: Merci (SU!), Boxes, Bags & Tags, Favor It Weddings (PTI)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (PTI), Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Pretty in Pink (SU!)
Accessories: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron Markers (SU!), Bella Baubles (Stamping Bella), Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon (PTI), Slot Punch (SU!), Cuttlebug, Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder (Provocraft)

No comments: