Monday, August 18, 2008

{ Cupcakes x 9}

Yum!!! I LOVE cupcakes! But I think that 9 would make me really sick! Taylor VanBruggen at Taylored Expressions had a great card sketch this week! (she always does!) This one was really fast....ok, it looks fast, too, but we won't go there. I think I need a new paper cutter---mine just isn't cutting straight consistently. Anyway, I'm frustrated with the lines on my card---but here it is anyway!

I started out with Stamper's Select White card that measures 5.25 square. I added some red and Old Olive layers and then the patterned paper. I used the polka dots page from Basic Grey's Cupcake pad as my color inspiration. I stamped 8 cupcakes from PTI's It's a Celebration and then added the sentiment in the middle from SU's Circle of Friendship. I paper pieced a few of the "tops" of the cupcakes with more paper from the Cupcake pad. I layered each 1" circle with two other circles and put them on the card with dimensionals. I added one piece of 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and voila! It's done. This went pretty fast since I have all those punches (have I mentioned before that I love punches?).....anyway...there it is! You should check out Taylor's sketch---she does it every Friday and it's a lot of fun. She gives away a random prize every week and also chooses a Featured Cupcake Sampler every week.


Well, I need to head to the school---it's Meet the Teacher Night and I still have a few things to do. I'm SOOOO grateful I'm not a classroom teacher on a night like this. Since I teach music, I just get to "smile and wave" (this comes quite naturally to divas....not that I know any!) and I don't have to stress over everything else! I hope to be able to keep stamping & blogging during this school year. . . we'll see how this goes!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day~
Kathleen

Stuff I used:
Stamps: Circle of Friends (SU!), Boxes, Bags, & Tags, It's a Celebration (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Old Olive (SU!), Basic Grey Cupcake 6x6 pad
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Ruby Red, Brocade Blue (SU!)
Accessories: Dimensionals, 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 1 3/8" circle punches, 1/4" chocolate grosgrain ribbon (SU!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are impressive! If you decide to get a new paper cutter, I recommend checking out the Paper Cutter Store.