Thursday, August 7, 2008

{On the Mend}

No, I'm not sick, thank goodness! I just never have enough get well cards, so I thought I'd make a few. I finally got my Aqua Mist Stamp Pad so I wanted to try it out. I LOVE this Guide Lines set. Every card I see that has used it is beautiful to me, so I thought I'd use it again.

I started with a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock and then used the Guide Lines grid to create the "lines". I used Spring Moss and Aqua Mist and two different stamps from the set to create the pattern. I love all the options with this set. (Did I already say that?!)

I stamped the spool and thread in Versamark and embossed it with Ranger Clear Embossing powder and used my cool new heat tool that my sister gave me while I was up there. Then I stamped the needle with Colorbox silver ink and embossed it with Silver powder. I distressed all the edges, added a quick sentiment and a few buttons and I was done. Now that I look at it, I think it might have looked better to use a layer of dark chocolate cardstock behind the patterned piece to pull it all together....next time I'll know! I know I'll make some more similar to this, so I'll remember this!
Thanks for stopping by---I really appreciate it!

Hugs~
Kathleen


Stuff I used: Stamps: Guide Lines, Quilter's Sampler (PTI)
Paper: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream (PTI)

Ink: Aqua Mist
, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate (PTI), Versamark, Colorbox Silver
Accessories: Clear & Silver Embossing Powder (Ranger), buttons, DMC thread, Heat tool

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You make some really cool cards! :)

LeAnne said...

Hey Kathleen, this card is so cool. I love this quilting set as well as the Guide Lines, just haven't felt justified to get it yet with the new SU catalog coming out! I see cute things with it too! Keep 'em coming!
LeAnne