Tuesday, August 26, 2008

{Rustic Branches}

Today is my first Tuesday to work this school year. I don't start teaching until 11:00 am, so I decided I'd take the time to make a quick card. Now, you know that I don't really do "quick" well, but this card really fits into that category. This one could easily be mass produced---and, it may! I started out with the hardest part done---the layout. I used Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch---you can find it here.

I started with a piece of Papertrey Ink Kraft cardstock. I added a piece of patterned paper from the new 8x8 pad First Fruits.




I added a strip of Summer Sunrise and stamped the sentiment on it with Dark Chocolate ink.







I stamped the wreath image from Rustic Branches on Stamper's Select White cardstock and cut it and a scallop circle out with nestability dies. For some quick bling (because every card needs bling) I added some Martha Stewart twill and some "baubles" from Stamping Bella. This is a clean and simple card!





I hope you are grateful for something today---I know I am! I'm off to finish some laundry and clean a little before I head to school~



Have a super Tuesday!
Kathleen

Stuff I used:
Stamps: Rustic Branches, First Fruits (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Stamper's Select White cardstock, First Fruits PP (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Accessories: Dimensionals, Mini Glue dots (SU!), Nestability Dies (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Martha Stewart Twill in Coffee, Bella Baubles (Stamping Bella)

3 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

THAT came out awesome! Love the paper too!! Nice job :D Thanks for playing along :D

Debbie Olson said...

What a beautiful job with Pine's Rustic Branches set! I love how you used your clear dew drops--great accent!

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful! I love the way you put this together with the wreath and brown twill! Great colors too!