Thursday, August 28, 2008

{Color Inspiration}

I have seen Kristina Werner's color inspiration post on numerous people's blogs in the last few months, but today I decided to join in and use it to make a card. Here are her colors for yesterday. You can see her post here.











I love these colors! Here's my take on it---it's a little busy, but I like it. I'm sending it to my Sister in law who had some surgery. I started with a Very Vanilla A2 card. I looked back through some of the layouts I've collected in a sketch book (none are my own!) and I used one of Beate John's Weekend Sketch Challenge sketches---#42 to be exact. I added a layer of Chocolate Chip and used the ticket corner punch on each corner. I cut a piece of paper from my Basic Grey Sultry 6 x 6 pad and layered it with Regal Rose. I pierced the corners of that, but you can't really see it because of the busy pattern. I stamped polka dots in Certainly Celery on more Very Vanilla cardstock using Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics set (LOVE that set!) and then layered it on a piece of Celery cardstock.

Next I made the image using the poppy again from Remember. I stamped it in Pretty in Pink (I don't have the Pink Pirouette yet) and then stamped the "squigglies" in Chocolate Chip. I cut it out and layered it with a Chocolate Chip circle and then a Pretty in Pink Scallop Circle. I added the button for some bling. I popped it all up on dimensionals. I was just going to stamp the sentiment directly on the polka dots, but once I started the layering, I just couldn't stop!! So, I punched the Label in Certainly Celery and then added the 1" circle in Pretty in Pink and finally my tag from the freebie set I got with my Cuttlebug.



I stamped "feel better" from PTI's Mixed Messages on top of a small flower and leaves from the Remember set. I held all that in place with some Certainly Celery brads. At the last minute I added the rhinestones in the corners---it's probably a little over the top, but I like them.


I tied a piece of 1/4" celery grosgrain to a Foof-a-la button and was done. Yes, this one took a little longer, but it's my day off and I was having fun. I did forget to put my dinner in the crockpot however until about 30 minutes ago, but we eat late on Thursday night anyway.....they told me this could happen if I started stamping!


I hope your day is a great one~
Kathleen







Here's what I used:
Stamps:Remember, Mixed Messages, Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink CS (SU!) Polished from Sultry (Basic Grey)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Accessories:
Rhinestones (Crystal Elements), Buttons (Foof-a-la), 1/4" Celery Grosgrain ribbon, Paper Piercing tool and mat pack, Brads, 1", 1 1/2" 1 3/8" Scallop, Designer Label punches (SU!) Cuttlebug & dies (Provocraft)

6 comments:

Tina said...

This is great, TFS. Hope your sis in law feels better soon.

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love all the layering! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

very nice card, I am going to case it if you don't mind....I can't play this week, so take a peek at my blog to see why! Hugs~Donna

Carolyn King said...

I am sure this will bring a smile to your sil's face! Love all the detail shots--great colors and design!

Shawntel said...

This card is going to make your SIL Very happy! This is a beautiful Layout, isn't Beate wonderful! I love all the fun details you put inot your card! Great Job!

Kimberly said...

I love that card! You are so good.