Friday, August 8, 2008

{Blessings}

My Aunt Doris is sick---really sick. She is in the hospital hoping to have a heart stent put in, but she isn't stable enough right now to do it. We are all praying that she will get stronger and be able to handle the surgery. I needed to make her a card---probably more for me than for her, but I wanted her to know I am praying for her recovery and some more years of health. I didn't want to take a lot of time, so it's not my most beautiful card, but it says what I want it to say: "Blessings".

I started out with a piece of Papertrey's Dark Chocolate cardstock---I LOVE this cardstock! I have always loved SU's Chocolate Chip, but this is really darker, and richer---"dark chocolate" is the perfect name for it (IMHO!). I added some Spring Moss cardstock that I had run through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder. I stamped an image from Papertrey Ink's Out on a Limb Revised set and added a scalloped oval behind it. I stamped Blessings from that same sentiments set on a piece of Stamper's Select White cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug using a Ribbon tag die from Spellbinder's. I used the yummy Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon from Papertrey Ink and added a button to finish it off---the picture makes it look like the button doesn't match, but it looks perfect IRL~whew!

Any prayers that you could lift for my aunt would be appreciated. I know she is ready to meet the Lord if it is her time, but we'd love to keep her around a lot longer~


Thanks for stopping by~
Kathleen

Stuff I used:
Stamps: Out on a Limb Revised Edition, Out on a Limb Sentiments (PTI)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Stampers Select White cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss (PTI)
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Scallop and regular Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug machine, Stylized Flowers embossing folder, button, DMC thread

No comments: