Sunday, November 4, 2012

{Thirty Days of Thanks~2012; Day 4}

Day 4 | Iron Sharpening Iron...or smacking someone upside the head.....

I have mulled this over all day---I truly have so much to be thankful for and I feel like I say the same things every year! HA! BUT, this is a little different--so stay with me!  Today I was with some friends and everything that was said was so negative---I was shocked at my reaction---I just felt SO SAD when I walked away. Sad because I think people just don't realize how that negativity/being judgemental/having an arrogant attitude can CHANGE THEM into someone they don't want to become. I texted a friend and told her that if I EVER become that way, she has to promise to tell me. Her response was "I'll smack you upside the head"....and I think she will. It made me think of this commercial that I've seen lately--it's something like this one from the Super Bowl a few years ago. I have never seen an episode of this show, I just thought of this when my friend threatened to smack me!


 So, today I am thankful for friends who will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to point me to Christ---even if they have to "smack me upside the head" to do it...grateful!

No comments: