Sunday, November 11, 2012

{Thirty Days of Thanks~2012; Day 11}

Day 11 | Purging is good!!

I began cleaning out my attic today---I say "began" because there is still plenty to do, but I have gotten SO much done and it feels great. Now the challenge will be to get it all out of my house by next Saturday---that's the cut off date for me! Everything is in Hannah's room or in the dining room. If I've been through it and it's leaving my house, it's in the dining room, if I still need to dig through the box, it's in Hannah's room----I'm sure she'd be thrilled to know this!

I went through YEARS of things today---I opened every box and dug through it---poured over some of it---cried a little, laughed a lot, let go of a bunch of stuff we just don't need anymore. I'm not sure WHY I kept most of it, but it's time to send it to new owners----or the dump----quite a bit will end up there!

I'm grateful today for several things---that I'm healthy enough to work a long day----much of it spent hunched over in the attic or sliding under beams. I'm thankful to be reminded of many sweet times in my past. I think when you go through change, sometimes you get stuck in the change and you can't remember what the past was like---that it was good....not perfect, but good.  With that said, I'm grateful that I'm a saver---that I have scads of things to remember the beautiful. Sometimes you need something to look at and hold on to in order to remember the truth of the past---good or bad. This was a gift to me today.

No comments: