Friday, June 11, 2010

{Some stamp time}

I finally had a few minutes to make a card---I have so many that I need to make. I need some graduation cards, so I started there. After that long away from my stamps, I had NO stamping mojo---and I was struggling to get anything going. I finally decided to use this paper and that helped get me started. It's from the Beautiful Blooms patterned paper pad---the colors in this pad are SOOOOO great! I cut the mat of polka dot paper with the large scalloped border die from Papertrey Ink.

This mat and graduation image are one stamp from the For the Graduate set from PTI. There's a die to match that makes it so much faster to cut it out---LOVE this innovation from PTI---dies and stamps that coordinate! I bought this set since Hannah was graduating, but I didn't even get to use it in the month of May because life was so insane! SOOOO, I'm giving her friends their gifts late! Anyway, I stamped the mat twice---once in Hawaiian Shores and once in Pure Poppy. I punched the center out of the red one and put it on the blue mat. I stamped the hat (there's a separate image) in Memento Tuxedo black ink and then cut it out and added it on the focal image. The sentiment strip is a piece of  Linen Vellum Cardstock. I added three Hawaiian Shores vintage buttons to tie in the color of the mat. Since I have so much stamping to do, I kept this one simple, but all sorts of things could have been added to this card to make it even better.

I made the envelope liner using the new A2 Envelope Liner die. I am going to enjoy this item---I LOVE to line my envelopes, and this makes it so fast and easy---what a great addition to the PTI store! Well, I need to get some laundry done. Today was my last day at school for the year---of course, I'll be up there working into the summer, but this was the last "official work day"----YIPPEE!!!

Thanks for stopping by to see me---it makes me smile to know you've been here! Enjoy your weekend!
Kathleen~

Graduation Wishes: (all products PTI unless noted)

Stamps: For the Graduate
Dies: Large Scalloped, A2 Envelope, Mat Stack 1
Paper: White, Beautiful Blooms Patterned paper, Linen Vellum cardstock
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Vintage buttons, dimensionals (SU!), glue dots

No comments: