Tuesday, June 15, 2010

{Graduation cards....again}


 I needed two more graduation cards, so I made them yesterday. I have so much to do in my house, but I decided that yesterday was my first day off from work---officially, so NO WORK FOR ME....well, that was yesterday and today it's back to whipping this house into shape after a very busy school year. BUT, here are the two cards I made.

This first one was so fun. I was inspired by this card on Lisa Johnson's blog. If you'll scroll down a bit, you'll be able to see it. Anyway, I knew I wanted to use pink and green, so I used some paper that I had left over from the wedding as a start. The argyle is from A Little Argyle. I used new Leaf ink---it was a close as I could get to the Bazzill cardstock. I used the Picnic Plaid impression plate from PTI on the Raspberry Fizz cardstock. On the sentiment, I "stamped off" the smaller argyle pattern and ran it through my cuttlebug using a Ribbon tag die.


I added the glitter by adding two pieces of 1/4" score tape on the top and bottom of the image and then added Prisma glitter to it. I love it. I've seen it done numerous times, but I had never tried it myself---such a simple way to bring some dimension to your card. I actually added the hat because I had messed up when I was stamping and I needed to cover it up---I thought it fit just right!






This next card was super quick---I'm not crazy about it, but it is what it is! I started with Kraft cardstock and added some Dotty Biscotti paper. I used the large scalloped die for the bottom of my paper and then added buttons and twine. I cut the black mat out of Papertrey's felt---and I must say, it is soooo nice. I kept reading people who said that and I wondered what the big deal was, but it really is such quality felt---it doesn't fray or anything. It's thick and feels so soft--OK, endorsement over! I cut the mat with the Mat stack 1 and added the sentiment on top. That was it---I just read that Papertrey is discontinuing it's entire line of inks because of quality control issues---I'm not sure how I feel about it---I'm kind of irritated---but I did just find out and it often takes me awhile to process things! I'm sure in the long run it's better, but right now, I'm just looking at the dollar signs and I am frustrated---oh well. I'll deal with it! I hope to have another wedding post up tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by---
Argyle Graduation: (all supplies PTI unless notes)
Stamps: A Little Argyle, For the Graduate
Paper: Diamond green (Bazzill), Raspberry Fizz, White
Ink: New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz, Tuxedo black (Memento)










Dotty Graduation: (all supplies PTI unless noted)
Stamps: For the Graduate
Paper: Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Dotty Biscotti PP
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento--Tsukineko)

No comments: