Monday, June 14, 2010

{Perfect Pear}

Here's a quick post of a card I made for a wedding we attended on Saturday. I  love it when a plan comes together! This one was so quick.

I had bought a giftcard from Target, and needed to wrap it up quickly. One of my favorite gift card holders is this one from Kristina Werner. I like it because it's so simple---I have a template and I just trace the template on the cardstock and paper and cut it out. The card was also quick and simple. I would have loved to put some glitter on the pear, but it was after NOON and we had to leave at 1:00.

The card was a simple white piece of cardstock and I embossed the scallop circle in the middle of the card. I stamped the pear using Summer Sunrise, then Simply Chartreuse, and finally a little bit of Ripe Avocado ink on the side. I used the rock and roll technique---sort of to get the different colors on the pear. I stamped it on another piece of cardstock, added the leaves and stem and cut it out. I made another one for the gift card holder. I added the ribbon and the sentiment, "Perfect Pair". This is from Favor It Weddings; the pear from Fruitful---both from Papertrey Ink.

Here's the extra pear I added to the giftcard holder----I made it the same way, it's just the smaller pear. I used a Basic Grey magnetic closure for the holder---I've had them forever, but I just remembered them and used one for this---I love it---it kept it closed without having to tie it or tape it closed. The patterned paper is from the Holiday Vintage Prints line, but I thought it looked so good with the pear---I also cut the envelope liner out of the same paper. I tied a piece of Bitty Polka dot ribbon in Simply Chartreuse and added a chocolate chip button like the card.


Well, thanks for stopping by---let me know if you have any questions---I think all the information is in the post, so I'm not going to post the details here.

Enjoy your day! SUMMER IS HERE!!!


No comments: