I loved the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge this week. I have "lurked" before, but never participated, but I thought this was so fun that I had to use it.
I LOVE this baby set from PTI, Bitty Baby Blessings. I made this card a 5" x 5"----I usually use 5.25, but I just cut it at 5" and then wondered why??? That's what I get for watching TV while I'm stamping! For the focal point I stamped the elephant and cut and embossed the square, then matted it on a scalloped mat. I haven't used this Everyday Blessings patterned paper yet because I don't have the aqua mist ink pad, but I thought I could use it for this particular card since I was paper piecing.
I never would have done this card had I not had some square punches---I don't have the SU! punches but I have my old Creative Memories square punches ---you remember, the one with two punches on one thingy---that's the technical name for it! I'm sorry, I didn't think to measure the dimensions of the squares. Anyway, that made this SOOOOOO simple! I was amazed at how fast this went---I made the envelope to match---I LOVE that!
I decided I would keep it simple and not "bling it up"---(I just made that up!) :) I thought it was cute the way it is. I have done a lot of clean and simple cards lately...which usually means more cards to share!
Well, you know you are a blogger when you get your first "tag"--I'm assuming it's called tag because you get tagged and then you "tag" someone else---like "tag you're it", when you were a kid---anyway, LeAnne over at Wee Inklings has tagged me. (LeAnne is a stamping MACHINE---she can produce more in a day than I can in a week!) Check out her blog, I know you will enjoy it!
Anyway, here are the answers to her tag. I'm supposed to give you 7 random facts about myself and then tag seven other people, so here goes:
1. I am a preacher's kid and I actually enjoyed it---(ask me about it sometime---I have great parents).
2. I have two daughters and then a nine year gap and a son---that will change your life!
3. I have had a baby in all three states my husband and I have lived in----I told him we couldn't move again ; ).
4. I love all my in-laws---really, all of them.
5. The Ku Klux Klan put out a contract on my Father's life and shot into our home when I lived in Mississippi in the 60's because my Dad stood up in a Baptist Church pulpit and said that we had to do something to help the people in the African American churches in our state that had been burned down.
6. I have traveled to 10 (or maybe a few more that I can't remember right now) countries in this beautiful world we live in.
7. I LOVE Harry Potter---the books, I mean, not Daniel Radcliffe!
OK---that was sooooooo much harder than I thought it would be!!
Now, about tagging 7 other people---I honestly don't KNOW 7 other bloggers. I mean, I feel like I know a LOT of bloggers, but I don't have even 2 actual friends who blog, SOOOOOO, I will skip the tagging and do this----you can leave me 7 random facts about yourself here in the comments, or just one, if you don't have time for seven! I'm sorry mine are a little lame---but I really couldn't think of 7 INTERESTING facts about myself!!
Thanks so much for looking!
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Paper: Everyday Blessings Patterned Paper, Kraft, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White Cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Square & Scalloped Square Nestabilities, Dimensionals