Thursday, June 19, 2008

{Baby Boy}

NOOOOOO, I'M not having a baby boy, but a man at my husband's office just did---well, his wife did, of course! I needed to make something quickly---so I went back to Beate's Weekend Sketch Files and found this one. I don't think I did it before---I had this great idea in my mind, but it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped---I made the mistake of actually taping down the twill before I really looked at it---and I don't really like it---it was a good idea, but the execution is not great---if I wasn't in a hurry I'd try to fix it, but I need to send this in today---SOOOOO, there ya have it!

I used that sweet buggy from Papertrey Ink's set Bitty Baby Blessings. I love that set. I found this paper at the Target Dollar spot. I paper pieced the buggy---I love that technique....is that a technique??? It seems so easy to be called a "technique"! As I was digging through my paper today I made a commitment that I had to use the paper I had instead of buying anymore stuff---it's just insane the amount of designer paper I have. Anyway, I pulled that out and when I saw the buggy it was a done deal for me. I used the flash on my camera because I wanted you to be able to see the little shiny birds. I ended up washing out the photo a little bit, but the coating shows up. :) The details are below!

We are leaving for another trip with David today--Caitlin is still out of town and Hannah left last night for a study abroad program to England with Hillsdale College. So it's just the three of us at home again. We are going to Atlanta. David has all sorts of meetings, and we will just be hanging out---there's a great Aquarium there and we'll tour the Coca-Cola museum. That is a really fun tour. We went several years ago with the girls before Joshua was born, so it will be fun to take him. The Braves are in town, but I'm not sure that either my husband or myself could stomach that---we love baseball, but we hate the Braves! But, it is a major league ballpark, so we may have to sacrifice for our son! Anyway, I don't know if we'll go or not, but I'm sure we will have a great time together---this is our last little trip for awhile, so we'll make the most of it!

I've scheduled a post or two and if I get brave, I'll see if I can post something from Atlanta. Have a great Thursday!

Kathleen

Recipe:
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Paper: Certainly Celery (SU!), Stampers Select White (PTI), Baby Boy (Target Dollar Spot)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon,
Accessories: Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise Markers (SU!), String of Pearl Baubles (Stamping Bella), Mini Glue dots, Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (SU!) Spring Moss Twill (PTI)

No comments: