Tuesday, June 17, 2008

{Boy Birthday Card}

Hello again---now don't faint! I know, I know---a post for three STRAIGHT days---seriously, hang on to something! (I just crack myself up!--it's very sad, actually!) I told you I did a lot of stamping on Saturday---so now I have a few things ready to show you!

Hannah had a birthday party to attend on Saturday night, and, horrors---it was for---duh, duh, duhn (sung in the most 1920's style possible---think silent movie---do you get it...OK, if I have to ask, I just should delete it---but, I'm not going to---back to the duh, duh, duhn...)....A BOY!!! NO, he's not a "special boy"---at least not to her---the horror is that I had to make a card for a 16 year old boy!!! I just don't do that very well. On top of this tragedy, I have had some serious mojo problems lately. When this happens, I usually browse around on people's blogs or SCS until I find just the right card to CASE (copy and share with everyone).

I had just had a Stampin' Up party, so I had a new stamp set---I probably wouldn't have gotten it, but I do love the punches and had gotten both star punches FREE---HELLO! from the party, so I decided to buy the In the Stars set in the Occasions mini (until June 30, btw). It's a good stamp set for boys---it could be patriotic with the right colors, etc. Anyway, I looked that set up on SCS and found this giftcard holder. Isn't it cute?? It doesn't look girly and I had everything I needed to make it. Here's my take on it---I used an old Itunes card to help me know the size to make it----so that's why this picture has a black card in it. But, of course, when I actually BOUGHT the itunes card(after I had made the holder)---it was WIDER---Murphy's Law should have told me this.

Anyway, I was able to just fold the card I had gotten for said boy and then put it on a piece of stamped cardstock. It looked cuter this way anyway---not that I was going for cute---right? Anyway, Hannah was happy---I'm sure said boy was happy (with the gift card) and I was just happy I got to stamp for awhile!!! All is well!

Thanks so much for stopping by....
Kathleen

Recipe: ALL SU! Card
Stamps: In the Stars (SU!)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, More Mustard, Stazon Jet Black, Versamark, Wild Wasabi (on insert) (SU!)
Paper: East Coast Prep, Kraft CS, Wild Wasabi (SU!)
Accessories: Double Stitched Wild Wasabi Ribbon, Dimensionals, (SU!)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

What an awesome gift card holder---great job!
LeAnne