Monday, June 16, 2008

{Bella Birthday}

Here's my take on Taylor's sketch challenge. Taylor had a birthday this week, but I didn't really get this ready for her virtual surprise birthday party---oh well, this is typical for me! I hope it was a happy one! I had a lovely Saturday---I stamped all day long. I made some gifts for some friends and a few other cards. It was a great day!!! It's been forever since I've just stamped all day....




As I began coloring this bella I really wished I had some Copic markers, but I just don't think I can justify the cost, so I color with my SU! markers. I tried to use my aquapainter, but I'm just awful at it----I recently had a Stampin' Up party and asked my demonstrator to use my aquapainter to make sure nothing was wrong with it....and just as I suspected, it was fine....it's just user error!!! I think I need to just keep practicing. As I'm looking at this card on my blog, I think I'll change the little tag---it's too busy with that stamping on it. I think I'll just get a tag and stamp the writing on it---but not the little swirlies. (Again with a made-up word---can 'swirly' be plural?!) What do you think? Is it too busy?

Anyway--I had intended to use this card to fulfill another challenge besides Taylor's. It was from Sharon Johnson's blog....No Time to Stamp. The challenge this week was to use BOLD colors----and this, I did. But when I realized that the title was Stamp Simply, I realized that it didn't really fit the challenge....this is not a simple card...not that it's difficult, but it took some time, so it didn't work for her challenge....all of this to say, this is why I had the BOLD colors on this card today. It's much busier than I really like, but I do love this paper.

So, short and sweet today---Happy Belated Birthday, Taylor! Thanks for the lovely challenge.

Have a great Monday!!!
Kathleen

Recipe:
Stamps: Cuppacakeabella (Stamping Bella), It's a Celebration (PTI)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Stamper's Select White (PTI), Basic Grey-Romani DP
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue, Bella Baubles, 5/8" red ribbon, Tag---Cuttlebug die cut, Linen Thread, Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Close to Cocoa, Pixie Pink, Blush Blossom

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Sooo cute! Love these bright colors!