Wednesday, June 18, 2008

{MWAH!}

MWAH! I recently sent this in a text message to my sister and she texted me back saying, "what's mwah?" She was thinking it was an acronym, and I was thinking "MWAH!"---it's a kiss---go ahead, say it aloud, MWAH!---Do you hear the kissing sound? Think DIVA giving a big FAKE kiss to her girlfriend---do you hear it now? See, it's kinda fun, huh? Now, I HAVE been called a diva a few (hundred) times in my life, so perhaps that's why I knew immediately what this was when I first saw it written on a note that my daughter had from a girlfriend in 7th grade---Anyway, I sign my kids stuff with this occasionally--

I made this card for my oldest, Caitlin who is coming home from 5 weeks in Turkey on Monday. I am SOOOO glad she's going to be home soon! I'm going to give her a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure and thought this was the perfect image to use for the card. She has a wedding to attend the weekend after she arrives and I know after roughing it in Turkey for 5 weeks, her feet will likely be a mess. AND, I just wanted to pamper her a little.

I used the mwahbella for Jen's Sketch for You to Try (SFYTT). I really didn't know how to color this image, so I found some of my favorite paper from the Basic Grey Romani line and went from there. The green here looks like Green Galore, but it's actually Certainly Celery---I just layered it a few times and it turned out darker---I used my aquapainter some, but still added some marker as well. By the time I finished coloring, the celery ribbon just wouldn't do, so I used green galore. I had a close up of the image, but when I uploaded it it just looked AWFUL, so just the one picture today! This sketch was a lot of fun--I hope to try it again soon. Well, I'm off the mow the lawn! Yeah, I hate that, but it's about 60 degrees out there this morning, so I can't really complain!!

Thanks for looking~have a wonderful day--
MWAH!
Kathleen

Recipe:
Stamps: mwahbella with words (Stamping Bella) Borders & Corners Monogram Edition (PTI)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Blush Blossom (SU!)
Paper: Brocade Blue, Basic Black, Blush Blossom (SU!) Stampers Select White (PTI), Romani line
(Basic Grey)
Accessories: Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Creamy Caramel Markers, (SU!), Aquapainter (SU!) Glue dots, String of pearls baubles (Stamping Bella), Dimensionals, Crystal Effects (on the heart--you just can't see it in the pictures), Fiskars Paper Cutter/Scoring tool, Cuttlebug, Embossing folder, Circle Punch, Yellow Marvy Scalloped Circle Punch

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very cute----I do know what MWAH means! Plus I think I just bought some of that cute DP!!! Haven't used it yet, but I bought it!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

so cute!! i love how you did the sentiment in the circle panel!!