Sunday, April 19, 2009

{a little gift}

Here's a gift you can make so quickly~if you can cut paper and use a tape runner, you can do this!!

The teachers and assistants in the Lower School where I teach are honoring the "support staff" this month, and I said I'd make these post-it note holders for them last week.












I used this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. I had used this Heidi Swapp patterned paper at Easter on our place cards and some little treat bags I had for everyone. It just looks so happy and shouts "SPRING", so I decided to use it on these gifts. All you do is cut and score paper, stick it all together, add ribbon, add the post-it notes and then decorate the front. I went with a very simple cover, but some in this gallery are more involved. I used the cute and curly stamp and curly label punch. I stamped the thank you stamp in various inks to match the papers and then cut them out so I could layer it on another label punch.

LOVE THE PUNCHES! Anyway, this really was super quick. I made nine of them in no time at all.


This particular version of post it note holder usually has a little golf pencil attached, but I didn't have any, so I just centered the notes and moved on!


Thanks for stopping by--I have lots to do this week, but I have some things photographed--hopefully I can get to the posts! Have a great week~












Paper Post-it Note Holders:

Stamps: cute and curly (SU!)
Paper: Stamper Select White, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Melon Berry, Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst (PTI) Heidi Swapp patterned paper---
Ink: Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Melon Berry, Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Accessories: Curly Label Punch, Dimensionals (SU!), New Leaf double stitched, Spring Rain grosgrain, Melon Berry grosgrain, New Leaf satin, Fresh Snow grosgrain ribbons (PTI)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

OMW, these are adorable! How quick & easy are these! Did you trim down the curly label to fit onto the coordinating mat, or did you free-hand the mat? I didn't look at any tutorial, so maybe you already explained it, sorrY!
LeAnne