Saturday, April 11, 2009

{goody-goody gumdrops!}

These stamps are in a Stampin' Up! hostess set that I got when I had my party last month. I really picked it out because I'm trying to find stamps to use my Copic markers with since my sweet husband did buy them for me! I'm hoping to attend a workshop this summer by Copic so I can learn how to really use these amazing markers, but until then, you'll have to be stuck with my less than stellar attempts at coloring! This card was so quick and easy. I'm actually going to make a bunch of others, but I haven't had a chance to stamp anymore since Wednesday. Anyway, the card---

I simply cut four strips of paper and adhered them together. I stamped the gumdrop in black ink on White paper about 8 times (so I'd have some extras if I messed up while coloring---and, I did! I know myself people!). I colored them with various Copics until I had the desired look (OK, the best look I could have as an average color-er) and then I cut them out. I put them on the matching paper with a dimensional and then tied all of that together with some black satin ribbon. On the card base I stamped the gumdrop all around in the various ink colors, then added the sentiment on top of it all. I finished it off with the Crystal stickers---love those! So simple and fun! I had hoped to have some cool Easter projects this week, but, alas, no time---if I get some done today, I'll try to post them tomorrow---but we will see!

Enjoy your day and have a blessed Easter Sunday celebrating the resurrection of the King!


Goody goody gumdrops!
Stamps: Goody-goody gumdrops
Paper: SS White, New Leaf, Hibiscus, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Only Orange (SU!), Palette Noir (Stewart Superior)
Ink: New Leaf, Hibiscus, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Only Orange (SU!)
Accessories/Tools: True Black Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon (PTI), Dimensionals (SU!), Crystal Stickers Elements (Mark Richards)
, Copic markers

No comments: