Tuesday, April 7, 2009

{Painful to create}


OH MY GOODNESS~this post will be short---I just spent so long making this card---and I don't even like it! BUT, since I spent all that time, I'M POSTING IT! (sorry for the yelling!)





I really enjoyed putting together my card for last week's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge that Dawn McVey did. So, I was excited when I saw that she had posted another one on Sunday. I loved the fabric that she used for the inspiration--the picture was so pretty---then, today I pulled all those colors out and looked at them together and panic ensued! I just couldn't figure out a way to put them together. I refuse to even tell you how long it took me to finish it---it was finally just a matter of stubborn pride! (and I definitely have some of that!)

So, enough of the whining---let me tell you how I did it all. (I'm not going to tell you about all the paper that ended up in the trash--then you could figure out HOW LONG this took!) I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock and used my polka dots basics and some Vintage Cream ink. I added the Pure Poppy cardstock and the small flower from Friends 'til the End--again using the Vintage Cream ink. I stamped the same flower on a piece of Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet & Sweet Blush cardstock with my Versamark pad and then embossed them using Seafoam White powder from Ranger. I cut them out and then added the buttons from my White & Cream Mix Vintage collection and tied them on with some linen thread. I attached them to the card with dimensionals. I was trying to tie in all those colors (I think this is what I don't like about the card---) so I scalloped some 2008 Bitty Dots Basics patterned papers in Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush and added the scallops to the pure poppy cardstock. Yeah, I'm not crazy about that, but it's there and by that time I wasn't going to trash it---remember the stubborn pride thing....

SO, I added a hello from Beyond Basic Borders to another Labels Four die and called it a day! I hope you can find something you like about it---I do like the big flowers---how can you NOT love those flowers? :) I hope to be back tomorrow with some less painful pictures! We are headed to my parents to celebrate David's birthday again tonight. Mama's cooking---it doesn't get better than that! Maybe it can help me get over the pain!

Have a great day~


{hello}
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Beyond Basic Borders, Friends 'til the End (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper (PTI)
Ink: Vintage Cream, (PTI) Palette Noir, Versamark
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Labels Four Dies (Spellbinders), Linen thread, Dimensionals (SU!) Seafoam white embossing powder (Ranger)

7 comments:

Melissa Bickford said...

I think this card is PERFECT!!! Beautiful, beautiful job!!!

Jessica Rosario said...

You're too funny- this card looks great. As a matter of fact this card is a "WOW" card. TFS :0)

Mara Campbell said...

I like how you layered the flowers, this is really pretty!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I really like the white embossing on the color cardstock. Great job with Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

{PurpleD} said...

Ha ha, at first I thought I am back to my blog!! This time it was painful for me, too! :-)

But you card is GORGEOUS!! I know the feeling...when staring at a card too much, you don't even know what I think about it! :-) But I surely love yours!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card. I love those flowers, too, and I especially like the button centers.

LeAnne said...

Well, I LOVE this card....don't know how I missed it, I thought I had looked at all of these! Very pretty!
Your cupcake and gumdrop cards are adorable, too! I need to get off here and go MAKE some cupcakes today!
LeAnne