Sunday, April 26, 2009

{Scattered Showers}

A friend from school (which is my work---I'm not in school, I teach there!) has just recently been bitten by the "Stamping Bug"---do you remember when you were bitten? Anyway, she had a couple of us over Friday night and we stamped. Now, I don't know how you are, but I never get much done at these because I just can't stamp and talk! And I do love to talk! So, I did this card---yes, only one---and it's not very involved. I obviously did more talking than stamping.

I used Dawn McVey's new set, Scattered Showers. I have done some stamping today and I just can't put this set down! What fun! There are so many little umbrellas--I love them! I love her style and find myself stamping more and more simply--like she does. It's really clean. I am so imspired by her layouts, too!

Anyway, for this card I used white cardstock as the base. I stamped the polka dot umbrella in Ocean Tides, New Leaf and Hibiscus Burst on more white cardstock and then cut them out. I popped them up on dimensionals. I tied some Ocean Tides polka dot ribbon around the whole card and tied on a Hibiscus Burst vintage button with some linen thread. That sentiment "so happy for you" is so versatile. I may use this for a baby shower I have next week---no rambling today---surprise, surprise! I used all my words up Friday night!

Thanks for stopping by~


So Happy for you:
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Everyday Classics (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Ocean Tides, New Leaf, Hibiscus Burst
Accessories/Tools: Hibiscus Burst vintage buttons, Ocean Tides Polka dot ribbon, Score pal, Linen thread, Dimensionals

No comments: