Monday, April 6, 2009

{Spring Break}

Hello all---I hope to be posting regularly this week. It's spring break and we aren't really traveling until we take Hannah to look at a couple colleges at the end of the week, so I hope to have lots of stamp time. Today is my husband's birthday. I made him a card this afternoon. I am the worst to do things at the last minute. This is a simple little card, but I think he'd prefer that! I started with a piece of dark chocolate and used some of the same ink on some kraft cardstock. I used Damask Designs stamp set for the pattern. There's a stamp that has this border pattern on it, so it made this go really fast. Why I wait to make cards on the day I need them---I don't know, but I do, so fast is definitely what I needed! If you don't know me, I'm blessed with a sweet husband. Here's my post about him last year on Father's day. (if you know me, you probably know my husband!)




I added some satin ribbon and a HUGE button from my white/cream vintage buttons bag. My tag uses two stamp sets, Men of Life, and Heart Prints---I had some extra space on there after I found the right nestability die, so I added the XOXO---you can never have too many hugs and kisses, right! This die is from the new Labels Four set. I just got those from Ellen Hutson's store. She ships things SOOOOO fast---if you are in need of some stamp stuff, definitely look at her store first. She's all the way across the country from me, but I get my stuff SOOOOO fast. (And no, I do not get anything from telling you I love her store---that would be amazing, but it doesn't happen! I just love her store!) Enough of the commercial---back to the card. I added some kraft paper on the inside and punched it with my spiral punch. This is one I got free from my Stampin' Up party last month. Anyway, there's my simple card for my sweetie on his birthday! We are going to Bonefish to eat and then we'll come back home for birthday cake and presents.
Here's a picture of my husband, David, from last weekend. He conducted the pit orchestra for Hannah's (Trinity Academy of Raleigh's) spring musical, Babes in Arms. So, here they are together. I'm blessed with a godly husband and I'm so glad we are able to celebrate his life today---I hope you celebrate your blessings today! Thanks for stopping by!



David's birthday~

Stamps:
Damask Designs, Men of Life, Heart Prints (PTI)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Kraft
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Labels Four Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), Dark Chocolate Satin ribbon, Vintage buttons-white (PTI), Hemp twine (colored brown with Copic marker), Linen thread, Spiral punch (SU!),

No comments: