Tuesday, July 22, 2008

{ A Quick Post}

Here's my take on Jen DelMuro's Sketch for You to Try that was posted on 7/12. I finished it before the "sketch week" was up, but I couldn't get it posted~it's a LOUD one, huh?

Here's Jen's original post with the sketch. I really like this sketch, but I wasn't sure where to go with it. I finally used my circle nestabilities successfully---I'm really not an idiot, but I am having a hard time using them with stamped images and getting them just right. I didn't have much stamping on this card, so they were great...

I hadn't used my Tart and Tangy from SU! yet, so I decided to go with it for this card. I got it free when I had my party in June. I used to hear about people who had stamps and didn't ink them up right away and I just couldn't figure out why....now I realize it's because they have so many to choose from....is this a good thing?

OK---to the card. Obviously I was thinking "BOLD & BRIGHT"---I thought about stamping images on my cardstock with the same color or Versamark, but I really liked the clean look of the solid color up against the patterned paper. I started with a 5.25" square card, and found cardstock that matched the paper. I love the colors in this paper. I just kept layering and layering. You can see that in this picture.
I popped lots of the layers up on dimensionals, too. I wanted to sew the two pieces of patterned paper together, so I just made large stitches. I pierced the paper first and that made the sewing a breeze. It brought back images of my cross stitching days. Years ago I used to cross stitch EVERY day. I loved the things I created. It was really my first true craft...OK, I'm back! I'll put the details below.
Remember I'm making extra cards to give as gifts...but I don't always make them exactly the same. Here's a picture of my take on another card---same paper and stamp set, but a little bit different. For the image on this card, I used my markers and "huffed" on it and then stamped it on paper--voila! Two colors on one image---the easy way! I used clear Bella Baubles for the "dots" in the corners, but I glued a circle punched from a hole punch with Pumpkin Pie cardstock---the "original" hole punch, like you can buy at a grocery store or Wal-Mart---not a crafty one--on the back of the bauble!


















Recipe:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy (SU!), Mixed Messages, (PTI)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, Bliss Blue cardstock (SU!), Stamper's Select White (PTI), Tart & Tangy patterned paper
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: Circle & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Hole Punch, Bella Baubles (Stamping Bella), 1 3/8" & 1 1/2" circle punches, Scallop Punch (SU!), Old Olive Brads (SU!), Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch (SU!) DMC thread #321, dimensionals

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gosh, I love it! Love that "Love your Bliss" and then I realized, duh, I have that set too! I just never used that sentiment! Very cute!
LeAnne

Unknown said...

Hi Kathleen, thank you for the kind comment on my blog - thought I'd check out your blog and your stuff is amazing - you do really neat, beautiful work - I'll be back!!

Annapurna said...

Thanks for stopping by Kathleen.
Lovely colors and card.

Here is what you do. Stamp your image, color etc. When you are all done. A plate, B plate, your image so you can see, nestability die cutting part down, C plate. With this method you can align your image in your die and you have a perfectly centered image.
ABaNdC. Easy to remember right. Try it and let me know if that helps.

Terri said...

Nice job. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.