Tuesday, July 22, 2008

{ A Quick Post}

Here's my take on Jen DelMuro's Sketch for You to Try that was posted on 7/12. I finished it before the "sketch week" was up, but I couldn't get it posted~it's a LOUD one, huh?

Here's Jen's original post with the sketch. I really like this sketch, but I wasn't sure where to go with it. I finally used my circle nestabilities successfully---I'm really not an idiot, but I am having a hard time using them with stamped images and getting them just right. I didn't have much stamping on this card, so they were great...

I hadn't used my Tart and Tangy from SU! yet, so I decided to go with it for this card. I got it free when I had my party in June. I used to hear about people who had stamps and didn't ink them up right away and I just couldn't figure out why....now I realize it's because they have so many to choose from....is this a good thing?

OK---to the card. Obviously I was thinking "BOLD & BRIGHT"---I thought about stamping images on my cardstock with the same color or Versamark, but I really liked the clean look of the solid color up against the patterned paper. I started with a 5.25" square card, and found cardstock that matched the paper. I love the colors in this paper. I just kept layering and layering. You can see that in this picture.
I popped lots of the layers up on dimensionals, too. I wanted to sew the two pieces of patterned paper together, so I just made large stitches. I pierced the paper first and that made the sewing a breeze. It brought back images of my cross stitching days. Years ago I used to cross stitch EVERY day. I loved the things I created. It was really my first true craft...OK, I'm back! I'll put the details below.
Remember I'm making extra cards to give as gifts...but I don't always make them exactly the same. Here's a picture of my take on another card---same paper and stamp set, but a little bit different. For the image on this card, I used my markers and "huffed" on it and then stamped it on paper--voila! Two colors on one image---the easy way! I used clear Bella Baubles for the "dots" in the corners, but I glued a circle punched from a hole punch with Pumpkin Pie cardstock---the "original" hole punch, like you can buy at a grocery store or Wal-Mart---not a crafty one--on the back of the bauble!


















Recipe:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy (SU!), Mixed Messages, (PTI)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, Bliss Blue cardstock (SU!), Stamper's Select White (PTI), Tart & Tangy patterned paper
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: Circle & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Hole Punch, Bella Baubles (Stamping Bella), 1 3/8" & 1 1/2" circle punches, Scallop Punch (SU!), Old Olive Brads (SU!), Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch (SU!) DMC thread #321, dimensionals

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gosh, I love it! Love that "Love your Bliss" and then I realized, duh, I have that set too! I just never used that sentiment! Very cute!
LeAnne

Claire Brennan said...

Hi Kathleen, thank you for the kind comment on my blog - thought I'd check out your blog and your stuff is amazing - you do really neat, beautiful work - I'll be back!!

Annapurna said...

Thanks for stopping by Kathleen.
Lovely colors and card.

Here is what you do. Stamp your image, color etc. When you are all done. A plate, B plate, your image so you can see, nestability die cutting part down, C plate. With this method you can align your image in your die and you have a perfectly centered image.
ABaNdC. Easy to remember right. Try it and let me know if that helps.

Terri said...

Nice job. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment too.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.