Wednesday, July 9, 2008

{PTI Swap Card #1}

Here's a card I made for my first swap--now for my dear friends who aren't stampers---a swap is just like it sounds---you send in a designated number of the same card using designated stamps or sketches or whatever and then you get that number back from other stampers---well, that's basically what it is....there are always little rules to every swap, but that's the jist of it. Anyway, I have never done one. I decided since it was summer and I had extra time I should try one. This is for the PTI Swap # 7 on Splitcoaststampers.

I went to my parents house this weekend to start on some Christmas gifts and I did my swap cards while I was there. I used Jen's Sketch for You to Try. I really loved this sketch---that's the main reason I decided that I needed to use it for these cards. Since this is a Papertrey Ink (PTI) swap, all the images have to be PTI --I used Bitty Baby Blessings. I REALLY love that set! There are several images that I haven't even used yet---I also decided to use all PTI paper---I love this new Plum Pudding Cardstock. This picture really doesn't do it justice. I'm not a purple girl, but this is really yummy! I paper pieced the onesie.....LOVE that onesie..... with Bitty Baby Blessings Patterned Paper.

I had originally done this card for the sketch, but really didn't like the end product, so I simplified it and I think it's much better----what do you think?

Anyway, I decided the easiest way to do 6 cards that were all the same was to just do it in steps, so I prepared everything ahead of time and then did each step one at a time---it actually went pretty fast---especially since I had no one interrupting me for a meal, or to find something! It's amazing how much you can get done when you can work without interruptions!

Here's a picture before the assembly---doing 6 cards isn't bad---but, when I have to do 80 Christmas cards---I begin to hate them after awhile!!

Well, I hope your Wednesday is a fun one. I need to go to my school for awhile----I can't get on my e-mail from home, so I think I need to change my password from there----I hope it's something this easy!!!

Thanks so much for looking~
Kathleen

Recipe:
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI), Favor It Baby (PTI)
Paper: Plum Pudding, Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Bitty Baby Blessings Patterned Paper (PTI)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: Square Punch (2 in one Creative Memories), Large & Small Star Punch (SU!), Dimensionals, White Brad (making memories), 5/8" grosgrain ribbon in Summer Sunrise

No comments: