Friday, July 11, 2008

{PTI Swap Card #2}

Well, here's my other swap card---I asked for two spots, so I'll get 10 cards back! I can't wait to see what people have done! (Let me apologize up front for the poor quality of the photo. I didn't think it was so dark until it loaded onto blogger and then I was too lazy to retake them.) I used the sketch that Taylor put up last week for her Cupcake Challenge. I had already made my cupcake card and loved the sketch, so I just used it again---is that bad form? I love a good sketch!

I'll put the details in the recipe at the bottom, but here's a little about the card. OK, I know I haven't seen a lot of trees with pink leaves---OK, none, but I LOVE this paper! (I used the Pink Patterns paper from Papertrey Ink.) It is so pretty. I wasn't sure I liked the two patterns I chose to put together, but I wanted to put some green on there, so that's why I chose it. I'm truly open to learn, so if you have opinion please let me know. I'm not great with patterns. If you are familiar with this paper package, what would you have done? Do you think it looks OK, or is it too busy?

I started this card with white brads in mind but I realized that I didn't have enough for all of the 6 cards to have white, so I used silver on the cards I'm swapping. I made a couple for myself and used white on those. (I actually messed this card up and put the paper on in the wrong places but I liked it OK---it's for me, so it doesn't matter!)

Again, I got everything cut and supplies out (this is when I realized I didn't have enough white brads) before I assembled.




I love how you can "two-step" stamp everything so easily with clear stamps----especially with Papertrey stamps. First of all, everything is MADE for two step (or three or four step) stamping and since you can see through the stamps and the clear acrylic block you can line things up perfectly. That Nichole Heady is a genius!

Thanks so much for looking! I hope you have a great weekend. I hope I can get some things inky today and have some more to show you!

HUGS~
Kathleen


Recipe:
Stamps: Father Knows Best
Paper: Kraft, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush cardstock, Pink Patterns Patterned Paper (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet (PTI), Old Olive (SU!)
Accessories: Dimensionals, 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches, slot punch (SU!), Spring Moss Twill (PTI), Silver & White Brads (making memories), hole punch

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

These are so pretty! I wish I was in on your swap!