Friday, July 11, 2008

{Bookmark Pocket Card}

As I was reading a few blogs this morning, I went to Nichole Heady's blog. I usually look at the PTI Design Team's blogs first, but I made sure to go there first today because it's "Sneak Peek" time. Papertrey Ink has a stamp/product release on the 15th of every month, so on the 10th-14th we get sneek peeks of the new products to come! I love seeing the new stamp sets and what the Design Team has done with them. Anyway, Nichole put out a little challenge and I decided to take her up on it.

Here was the challenge:
What kind of *Bookmark Pocket Card* can you make today with your existing stamps? Who would you give it to? I challenge you to play around today and see what you come up with! Feel free to post your links here so I can see how you reinterpret it!
I have two new neighbors on my street. They live right next door to each other. I haven't been over there yet and had already decided I needed to get some brownies made and go over there this weekend. SOOOOOO, I took the challenge and made a little pocket card to welcome them into the neighborhood. I don't have the wonderful Boards and Beams set that would be perfect for this, so I just made do with what I had.

First I made a simple 4.5 x 5" card with a little pocket/bookmark inside. I used Spring Moss cardstock and ink with the Everyday Blessings Patterned Paper. I also used Aqua Mist cardstock, but I still don't have that ink---it's out of stock (or I would :} ). I used my Boxes, Bags and Tags set for the focal point and added a "hello" from Mixed Messages.















On the inside "bookmark" I used the tree from Father Knows Best and left space for me to sign it. On the back of the bookmark I printed our names and phone number. I wanted them to call us if they ever needed anything, so this way they may keep the bookmark and have my phone number and name on the back.















I decided I would put the brownies in one of my coffee bags, so I quickly stamped "Fresh Baked Just for You" from Holiday Treats.
I used the circles from Father Knows Best to decorate the bag and will bake the brownies tomorrow. This took me all day long to complete, but not because it was complicated, I just kept getting interrupted! YIKES! Anyway, my pictures are a little dark because of that, so I'm sorry about that! Thanks for looking! I'm always happy to hear from you~

Kathleen










Recipe:

Stamps: Mixed Messages, Boxes, Bags & Tags, Father Knows Best, Holiday Treats (PTI)
Paper: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White cardstock, Everyday Blessings Patterned Paper (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss (PTI), Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: Dimensionals, Spring Moss Twill (PTI), 1 1/2" circle punch, Scallop Punch, Corner Rounder (SU!), Warm Grey 20% Prismacolor Marker, Square Punches (Creative Memories)

2 comments:

Chris said...

both projects look awesome!! i like that you wrote your contact info on the back of the bookmark!! what a great idea!! >"<

Niki Estes said...

I love your bookmark pocket card! It turned out great!