Tuesday, June 23, 2009

{Stamping Time}

I got together with some of my dear stamping friends yesterday----now, usually, at these events, I don't get much accomplished because I'm so distracted with chatting. ; } I also have so much stuff (don't tell) that I can't ever decide what to take---SOOOOO, I stayed up until 1:30 the night before to get some projects together.






I pulled out my birdhouses from Melissa Bickford's Birdwatching set. These were the reason I had to have this set! I just love them---I'm not really a bird person, but I do love these birdhouses---and the birds in the set are really great, too. I hope to show you some of those later this week......I digress~

I made two cards with this set that I want to show you tonight. I was also able to use some of that yummy Cosmo Cricket paper that I won from their site~~






I started with the horizontal birdhouses and colored them with my Copics. I pulled the color combo from the yummy Girl Friday---Saturday & Sunday papers.



I layered each image with Ocean Tides cardstock and used Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon as well to accent. I antiqued the edges of the cardstock and patterned paper using Antique Linen distress ink. I really like what that does to the edges of the paper---this line of paper has some antiquing on it, but I just added it all around. I also sponged the image a little, too. For this card, I just added a sentiment from this same set and finished it off with some Melon Berry & Aqua Mist Vintage buttons that I had tied with Rustic Jute button twine.


For the vertical birdhouses, I colored them with the same colors and used the same Cosmo paper, but I added an old Stampin' Up tag (I mean OLD) from my stash---and tied it onto the ribbon using the same twine. The buttons on this card are Melon Berry as well. Thanks so much for looking---I hope you enjoy your day. I have a project to do tomorrow---I hope to be able to post it this weekend~













Stamps:
Birdwatching, Mixed Messages
Paper: SS White, Ocean Tides (PTI), Girl Friday (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/Tools: Vintage buttons, Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon, vintage jute button twine (PTI), Distress Ink-Antique Linen (Ranger), Copic Markers

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

I just love these--now why didn't I get that larger Mixed Messages in my last HUGE PTI order? Very sweet!