Wednesday, June 24, 2009

{Simply Enjoy}

Here's another card I made while I was stamping with my friends---I totally stole this idea from Dawn McVey. She made this card that was AMAZING and then posted this "tutorial" on how to make these cute little flowers. Well, clearly, I should have read back through this before I made my card---but I didn't and while I was sitting there with my girlfriends, I just did what I remembered---one tip---CUT out your leaves and then distress them---don't tear them---Oh, and another tip---don't glue down the flower and then decided to "roll up the edges"----it doesn't work as well! BUT, here's my take on the flower. THIS is why SHE'S published a gazillion cards, and I haven't! I will do this again, but I'll do it the way she suggests next time! :)

Anyway, this one is pretty self explanatory---it is a cute, fast card and it will look even better the next time you see it! :)

I started out by stamping Polka Dot basics on Kraft cardstock using Vintage Cream ink---I love this ink! It covers SOOOOO well. Then I made my flower and leaves---colors are listed below. I stamped the leaves with Background Basics: Text Style using my versamark pad (well, actually Susan's, but that doesn't matter!). I put the flower together with a Rustic Wood Vintage Button and some jute twine. I added a piece of Bitty Box Basics paper in Summer Sunrise and used my scallop edge punch at the bottom. I stamped the "enjoy" sentiment from Vintage Picnic Sentiments in Dark Chocolate ink and was finished. That was my THIRD card at my stampin' with friends get together----they were all so proud---because I just can't usually do this! Anyway, that's all for today---I hope you enjoy your day---thanks so much for stopping by---sadly, it makes me happy---yeah, I'm really that pitiful! :)


Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style, Vintage Picnic Sentiments
Paper: Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, 2008 BItty Box Basics patterned paper (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Versamark
Accessories/Tools: Rustic Wood Vintage Button, Rustic Jute Button Twine (PTI), Scallop Edge Punch, paper piercing tool (SU!)

No comments: