Tuesday, June 30, 2009

{CPS 122}

I got a chance to play this morning before my kids woke up (yes, I do LOVE summer---because I get to play in the morning before my kids are up)! Anyway, I decided to do a quick anniversary card using CPS 122. It's a nice simple layout this week, so I knew I could get it done before I had to make breakfast!

For this card, I cut my paper 9.25" x 8" & scored it at 4". This will fit in a regular no. 10 envelope. I used Smokey Shadow as my card base and punched the bottom with the Flowers Border punch by Fiskars. I used some Ever After paper---the "Something New". This is my first time to use Ever After and it's really beautiful paper. I stamped the sentiment from Damask Designs in Vintage Cream ink on Smokey Shadow cardstock and embossed and cut it with a Spellbinder's Double Ended tag. I popped that up on dimensionals and threaded it with Vintage Cream Satin ribbon. I added the buttons with a glue dot after I stitched them with embroidery floss. (I know, it's cheating, but remember, I'm trying to beat the clock here!!)

That's all for today! Joshua and David are about to have a major nerf battle---they have both built a fort in their bedrooms and are preparing for war---yes, David is my husband---not my second son!! :) You gotta love a dad who will do battle with his son.....er....you know what I mean!!! :)


Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI)
Paper: Smokey Shadow, (PTI), Something New, Ever After (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Vintage Cream
Accessories: Double Ended Tags (Spellbinders), Vintage Cream Satin ribbon & buttons (PTI), DMC thread, Dimensionals (SU!), Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Flowers Border Punch (Fiskars)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Very pretty card.