Monday, June 29, 2009

{Giving Thanks}

Well---it IS a little soon to be thinking of Thanksgiving since I don't want to rush my summer away, but I colored this picnic basket with pumpkins in it and wanted to make a card---this will be one card that I have done ahead of time!

I started with Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on Kraft cardstock. I had colored the basket ahead of time with Copic markers---e-mail if you want specific colors---I can't believe anyone cares about MY coloring! I tied some saddle stitch New Leaf ribbon around the Kraft cardstock. I cut & embossed my focal image using a Spellbinder's Labels Two die. I antiqued the edges and added some buttons tied up with jute twine. The sentiment was added before I attached the Kraft cardstock~

I hope your day has been a good one. I began peeling wallpaper in my bathroom today----I've needed to do this since we moved into this house 9 years ago, but I have been busy peeling all the OTHER wallpaper in the house. Yes, every room except two bedrooms had wallpaper---my dining room and the kids bathroom had TWO LAYERS. SO, I just decided I needed to start---it's the LAST ROOM to do! (I've actually redecorated several rooms since we moved in, but I just couldn't deal with anymore wallpaper!) Anyway, hopefully I can finish peeling/scraping tomorrow---I don't really have any money to redo my bathroom right now, but if I'm in the mood to get rid of the wallpaper, I should go with it! Paint is pretty cheap and I can finish everything else up as I get the money! SOOOOO, that's what I'm up to this week! What's going on at your house?



Stamps: Vintage Picnic
Paper: Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Rustic Cream, Kraft (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provocraft), New Leaf Saddle stitch ribbon, Vintage New Leaf buttons, Rustic jute twine (PTI), Dimensionals (SU!), Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger), Copic markers

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Just lovely.....I am so jealous, I haven't had time to play at all with my new things!

Dandy said...

So cute! Its never too early to think about the holidays :)