Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day

I finally had a chance to take a few pictures and I wanted to share my Father's Day card that I made for my dad. I used CPS 120 and I really liked this sketch---what a great resource that CPS site is---especially for me. I REALLY love some help with a layout. We celebrated Father's Day with my parents last night because they are leaving town. I'm trying to use my Copic markers more, so I stamped the truck from an old Stampin Up! set that I love, Loaded with Love on Vintage Cream cardstock (even though in the pictures it looks a bit white---but I couldn't really tell until I uploaded it. In real life it's quite cream!) I colored the truck and it turned out OK---still not great, but everything I read about Copics say I need to practice, practice, practice---and since my Daddy loves any card I make for him, I went for it!

For the card, I cut out my truck using a Nestabilities square and layered it with two scallop squares in Ocean's Tide & True Black. I used some of my new Double Deck paper pack from Cosmo Cricket's Lil' Boy line--the Cheerful Charlie papers. I really like those polka dots and stripes together. With the sketch, it made this card happen pretty quickly (and it's a good thing, too, since I started it yesterday afternoon!!) I added some black hemp twine around the card and then put some buttons on the bottom. I think it's pretty self explanatory---but if you need some explanation, let me know and I'll help!

My sister is still here, so I'm going to go watch the TX Longhorns in the College World Series and hang out with her. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to be able to have some regular posts now that Hannah is home from Africa!

Stamps: Loaded with Love (SU!)
Paper: Kraft, Ocean's Tide, True Black, Vintage Cream (PTI), Cheerful Charlie (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Nestabilities Square and Scalloped Squares (Spellbinders), Hemp Twine, Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals (SU!), Foof-a-la buttons, Copic markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)

1 comment:

kris said...

It's about time we've heard your ramblings. I was beginning to wonder.