Sunday, June 28, 2009

{Americana}

A⋅mer⋅i⋅ca⋅na
–noun
1. (often used with a plural verb) books, papers, maps, etc., relating to America, esp. to its history, culture, and geography.
2. (used with a singular verb) a collection of such materials.

Origin:
1835–45, Americanism; Americ(a) + -ana
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

This is what I think of when I see this Vintage Picnic basket with the Fourth of July items sticking out! I grew up in a very patriotic family----I love this country and I like to celebrate it's birth. I love reading about Michelle Wooderson's big Fourth of July party she has and seeing all the cool stuff she's using to decorate. I must say---I looked at her site to see how she colored this image---I'm still new to the Copic world and she's a pro---so, I just copied it---I admit it. Now, I didn't copy her card---just the coloring---AND, mine is not so great---but I'm trying!

I love Vintage Cream ink on kraft cardstock. This card was simple to throw together. I stamped the image on Rustic Cream cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink & then colored it with Copic markers. Since I had colored the image ahead of time, it took almost no time to make a card. I layered the image on Scarlet Jewel cardstock. Then I punched the stars out of Scarlet Jewel and Spring Rain. I added a Rustic Wood button tied on with Rustic Jute twine. I finished the card up with some Scarlet Jewel twill. So fun! I've been using Vintage Picnic a lot to color lately, so hopefully I'll get some more cards made with the images.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Polka dot Basics
Paper: Kraft, Scarlett Jewel, Spring Rain, Rustic Cream cardstocks (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Cream
Accessories: Copic markers, Star Punches (SU!), Rustic Wood button, Rustic jute twine, Scarlett Jewel twill

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

JUST PERFECT! I cannot WAIT to use these images from my set.....my fingers are itchin'! I am so bummed that SU will not follow the country decor lead....they don't know what they're missing!