Saturday, June 20, 2009

{Lilacs...}

Since I'm trying to figure out this Copic phenomenon and actually USE this major investment my husband gave me, I bought my first Karen Lockhart stamp. WHAT?????.......it was for educational purposes! I bought Lilacs in Pitcher. I had seen Debbie Olson's video tutorial on it and I really liked the lilacs. They also could pass for bluebonnets---the state flower of TX, so I thought I could make some great cards with "bluebonnets" on them! You know, multipurposing my stamps---this is how I rationalize such a purchase---it works for me!

Since the flowers ARE lilacs, I knew I needed to at least try them in purples---even though I'm not really a purple person! So I used some of my Papertrey Guidelines patterned paper. I haven't used this in so long---they are pretty papers---I should use this color scheme more often....anyway, I colored my pitcher and cut it out using the Labels One dies. I used Plum Pudding paper to layer the focal image. Then I placed that on top of two different Guidelines papers and tied a piece of Plum Pudding satin around the paper. I added it all to a piece of Stamper's Select White paper. I LOVE finally having a "praying for you" sentiment---this is from Dawn McVey's Damask Designs set. I send a lot of cards that need this sentiment---again with the multipurposing (I think I made this word up, NO?) I added the sentiment and finished it all off with a bow that I slid through a slot punched hole in the image. I thought about some buttons or other embellishments, but I liked it simple---so, that's how I left it. I am surprised that I like it---since it's purple, but it works for me--

I hope you have a great Saturday! My sister is coming over later today, so I need to run. Thanks for looking~
Kathleen


Stamps: Lilacs in Pitcher (Lockhart Stamp Co.)
Paper: SSWhite, Plum pudding, Guidelines patterned paper (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Label One dies (Spellbinders), slot punch (SU!), Plum pudding satin ribbon (PTI)
, Copic markers

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, how pretty. My copics sit on my shelf, unloved and unused. I guess I think I need ALL of them for the proper shading & such. No, I do use them occasionally...but you are using them more than I am! You are getting to be pretty good at the shading & coloring!

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful job with your coloring, Kathleen! That is one of my favorite Lockhart stamps too!