Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{Summer Card Camp 2}

 One of the techniques that was used in Card camp this week was making a die cut window. I immediately thought of this card, but I didn't have the star dies that I needed.....I tend to buy a lot of what Papertrey presents me every month but when I saw these star dies I didn't get them.....twice since then I have thought how great they would be on a card.....oh well. NEXT MONTH!

Anyway, I did have star punches, so I used those to make this quick window card. I punched stars in the blue layer and then traced them on the white cardstock beneath.  Leaving a little bit of white around the edge, I used my Fiskars craft knife and cut out the stars. I ran the blue layer through my Cuttlebug using the Linen & Canvas impression plate. I put red on the inside of the card to tie it all together. I added a little banner strip with the sentiment and then put some buttons on. I didn't go with the Summer Card Camp color combo this time---but I did use the technique....and I made a card for a friend who always has us over for July 4th! SCORE!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! It's nice to get crafty again after so long! I have a few more "Things I've done so far" posts coming up! And I'm starting on a new project tomorrow....this one could go terribly wrong! Hopefully not---but it does have the potential to be a total disaster! Do I have your interest piqued? :D

July 4th Card (all products Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Stamps: Vintage Picnic
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Pure Poppy, White & Cream mix Vintage Buttons, Enchanted Evening baker's twine, Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Linen & Canvas Impression plate, Star Punches (EK Success), Double-Ended Banners

No comments: