Monday, August 31, 2009

{Lime Rickey Birthday}

OK----I know, enough with the Lime Rickey, but I told you I couldn't put those chip stickers away once I tried them! As I've mentioned, I'm trying to build up the birthday stash for my kids. It seems that whenever one of them has a party, I never have an appropriate card for them. These Chip Stickers are so whimsical, it made cute birthday cards quick and easy.

I used the little pinwheels from the collection as my focal image. Again, almost no stamping on this card---that is so unusual for me. Anyway, I started out with a white card base and used more patterned paper from the Lime Rickey collection. Then I used twill in Summer Sunrise and Enchanted Evening to be the "sticks" for the pinwheels---I love the twill--- I just think it suits this sort of card so well. It seems casual to me. Anyway, I stuck the pinwheels down on the card and added a piece of Scarlet Jewel twill horizontally across the card. I added three Scarlet Jewel buttons and a little tag and I was finished. These are really fun----look for them on sale. You really can make a bunch of cards or scrapbook pages quickly and inexpensively. And isn't that what we all want? (nod your head---it will make me feel better!) I hope you have a great day!!!


Stamps:Wishing You (PTI)
Paper: SS White cardstock (PTI) Lime Rickey, Rob Roy & Sarsparilla (Basic Grey)
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Double Ended Tags Trio (Spellbinders), Twill in Summer Sunrise, Enchanted Evening, & Scarlet Jewel, Rustic Twine, Scarlet Jewel Vintage Buttons (PTI), Lime Rickey Chip Stickers (Basic Grey)

No comments: