Thursday, September 3, 2009

{Halloween Ruffles}

I love Halloween---I know, I know, a lot of people don't "DO" Halloween---they "do FALL FESTIVAL"---I've just always LOVED dressing up and going "trick or treating"--I just think it is a fun American tradition. Of course, I also love Harry Potter---so, I'm most likely a witch, I guess! Don't judge me---it's who I am.

SOOOOOO--I decided I wanted the 2009 Halloween Tags from Papertrey Ink. I didn't own a Halloween set---I didn't NEED a Halloween set, but, I LOVED it--and I'll make cute Halloween things and give them to my friends, so I bought it. Now, this is not a card you want to mass produce---it wasn't really hard, but it was a bit time consuming with the ruffles and rhinestones! That would be a cute blog name, wouldn't it? :) (I have an illness, I know!)

Anyway, the card.....the ruffle idea was shamelessly stolen from Dawn McVey---a stamping idol, for sure! She used the paper ruffle on this post. As I look back at her card, I actually shamelessly CASED the whole card with different stamps and colors---OK, I admit it! Hey, when you see a fabulous card, you should make one yourself! I'm not trying to publish it---just LOVING it in the greatest sort of way---by copying it! OK---so, I used PTI white cardstock and the new Hocus Pocus patterned paper---perfect for all things Halloween!

I cut a 1-1/2" x 8" strip of three patterns of paper. I folded and "pleated" them and used sticky tape to glue them directly to the card. Then I ran some black saddle stitch ribbon around the card and used a Summer Sunrise button (they have an orangey tint...look, I made up a new word!) on the bow. I stamped one of the tag images in Palette Noir ink on Only Orange cardstock and punched it out with a 1 3/4" circle punch. I embossed and cut some patterned paper using a Labels Three die. Then I put that on the card with some foam tape. I put the sentiment just above the ribbon and then added rhinestones all around the jack-o-lantern alternating black and orange. I love it! So, those of you who are praying for my soul, you have NO idea how much I appreciate it---I SO need it right now! I hope you'll still come back and visit me---and know that I'm kidding about most of this---except the prayer thing---I'll never kid about asking someone to pray for me!

Hugs to you! Labor Day is coming! :) A long weekend ahead!



Stamps: 2009 Halloween Tags (PTI)

Paper: SS White, Hocus Pocus (PTI) Only Orange (SU!)
Ink: Noir Palette
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Labels Three die (Spellbinders), Taylor's Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Summer Sunrise Vintage Button, True Black Saddle Stitch ribbon, Rustic Twine (PTI), 1 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals, Sticky Tape (SU!)

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Kathleen, this is adorable. I love Halloween too---maybe this year I will actually send some cards out!! Love the ruffles and I agree that your idea for a blog name is sweet!

caitlin said...

cute momma! i love ruffles.

caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.