Sunday, September 6, 2009

{Celebrate the Season}

I know, I know---it's only September 6th, but it's never too early to start Christmas cards, is it? I made this card for the Stretch Your Holiday Style Stamping Challenge on Paper Crafts' Moxie Fab World. I thought I was making this for a different challenge, but it really is best for this one. There's still time for you to make a card and upload it. Read the directions and join in!

I started with a white card base and stamped the image from the 2008 Holiday Tags Collection. I stamped it and the sentiment in Scarlet Jewel, then I stamped the tag again in New Leaf. I cut out the tree and popped it up on top of the focal image. I scored the area around the sentiment to highlight it and then added Scarlet Jewel twill and a New Leaf button that I tied on with some Rustic cream twine. I added the button to the top of the tree for a fun accent and then added a few rhinestones to the tree for some bling! This was a sweet and simple card to make. It could easily be reproduced....mailing it, however, may be a problem! ;) I'm still a little bitter about the post office and my button-laden cards....but I won't go there today!

Enjoy your Sunday! And I hope you sleep in tomorrow.....oh, that's MY wish! Hugs and stuff~
Kathleen


Stamps: 2008 Holiday Tags (PTI)
Paper: SS White cardstock (PTI)
Ink: New Leaf, Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Accessories/Tools: Scor-pal, Dimensionals (SU!), Foof-a-la button, New Leaf vintage button, Scarlet Jewel twill, Rustic Cream Button Twine (PTI), Taylor's Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions) Monomulti Liquid glue (Tombow)

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

totally adorable!!! Love the clean white bg and LOVE the little button on top of the tree!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kathleen! Thanks for entering the challenge!