I made this card over Labor Day weekend and then the insanity hit hard---I made it for a publication call for Embellish Magazine that Ashley Newell is starting in December. It's an online magazine that is all about inspiration. It sounds very intriguing. The publication call was for cards/other items with these colors on them---now, can you imagine a whole magazine with every item in it in the same color scheme?
I had intended to do several more and get them all turned in the next week....well, you saw that it had been TWO WEEKS since I had posted until last Friday. I saw this card on my dresser Sunday afternoon, just sitting there gathering dust. I had hoped to submit at least this one---but, I waited too late and couldn't get it in on time----THIS IS WHY I DID IT OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!.....so I'd have plenty of time to get it submitted---oh well...cest la vie! Lesson learned---yeah, right! :) The procrastinating will continue---and, I'm OK with that---some things in life are just priorities over papercrafting---but, you didn't hear ME say that!
Anyway, the details of the card are below. As I was looking for the photos I thought of a sweet lady who could really use a "feel better soon" card---so, perhaps it was meant for her all along! She's a dear Saint who is battling cancer and is really struggling right now---I hope this will bring her some joy. Anyway, the details are below! I hope you are having a happy Tuesday!
Stamps:In Bloom, Autumn Abundance, Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream cardstock, In Bloom patterned paper (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink), Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories/Tools: Rustic jute twine, Vintage Button in Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Dimensionals (SU!), Double ended tag (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provocraft)
1. Cut Kraft cardstock into an A2 card.
2. Stamp the flourish on the cardstock. Trim patterned paper and adhere it to the bottom of the card. Sponge cardstock and paper with distress ink.
3. Stamp flowers and leaves three times on cardstock-set aside to dry. Stamp tag and emboss and cut using die cut machine. Trim layers of flowers and pop up using foam tape.
4. Wind twine around card and tie on. Place flowers and leaves on card appropriately and adhere.
5. Add button and tag to card.