Sunday, August 2, 2009

{I love a wedding!}

We attended a wedding yesterday---it was so fun! I haven't been to a seriously fun wedding in awhile, so I really enjoyed it!

I had an idea for the card and then I changed it yesterday morning---OF COURSE! I went a little nuts and made this card---it wouldn't have been so bad, but it was a 1:00pm wedding and this card took me longer than I had planned. We made it there in PLENTY of time, but it was a little stressful right there at the end! Do any of you do this? You could make the card/buy the gift WAY in advance for a wedding, right? But you make the card the day you need it---no, I'm sure YOU don't do this---more true confessions on Nelson Ramblings!

Anyway, I used Quilter's Sampler, Quilter's Sampler Sentiments and Quilter's Sampler Additions. I loved these sets when I bought them, but I haven't had occasion to use them very often. After I read through the sentiments yesterday, however, I will be using it again soon. Such sweet sentiments (I know, I sound like a broken record, but isn't that WHY we send cards? Because we want to say something?) OK, back to the card. This isn't my usual wedding card style, but I knew her colors were pink and green and that it was going to be a fun, personal affair, so I decided to go crazy with color.

These papers are all from a Heidi Swapp paper pack my sister got me for Christmas. I haven't used much out of it, but there were a TON of pink and green color combos, so I went for it. I stamped random quilt squares onto patterned paper and then punched them out with my smallest square punch (and old Creative Memories square punch). Then I added that to a piece of white cardstock and added the threaded buttons. I put all of that onto a piece of polka dot paper. I stamped the sentiment on the card and I made a mistake---I would have made this a bit lower, but I had already taped the "quilt" down, so I was committed---lesson learned---next time, stamp the sentiment and THEN add the quilt. If it's too high, you can discard it and start over---oh well, it was around 11:00am at this point and I just needed to finish~ I tied the ribbon and put a few buttons in the left corner. I usually put some sort of monogram on a wedding card, so I put on in the right corner. In the middle of making this card, I saw this card on Michelle Wooderson's blog and that's where I came up with the idea to add the "W" in the other corner. Below are a few pics of the wedding if you want to view them---thanks for looking today! We're headed to my parents' house for dinner tonight. My sister is in town for a couple days, so we are gathering there! Details for the card are below the pictures if you are interested.

Here are the bride and groom being introduced at the reception---right before their first dance. Did I tell you I love weddings?

Here's the bride with her Daddy---I always cry during this dance---even before I had girls, but especially now~~~

Here is the bride's bouquet---so pretty---see those vivid colors!!!

Joshua had an accident on the dance floor---oops!!! (and yes, he DID wear shoes to the wedding, but he began to get a blister so he took them off!)
Caitlin and Joshua together---Hannah was sick and didn't get to go ;( Sorry for the bad lighting--I didn't take the time to set my camera manually, so the background is washed out in the sunlight~~)


Stamps: Quilter's Sampler, Quilter's Sampler Additions, Quilter's Sampler Sentiments, Ambassador Monogram Edition
Paper: SS White Cardstock (PTI) Heidi Swapp patterned paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Vintage Buttons in Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, White & Cream mix, New Leaf Bitty Dot satin ribbon (PTI), DMC floss, Creative Memories Square punch

1 comment:

Ann said...

What a great card. I've never done the last minute thing with a card but I am guilty of throwing together a gift at the last minute before we go out the door.