Monday, August 10, 2009

{Back to School}


OK----this title and the card don't have anything to do with each other, but I am headed back to work today, so that's why I put that up there! Of course, some would say that teachers everywhere may need a lift on that first day back---not that most of them haven't been working a lot during the summer.....just because teacher's get the summer "off" doesn't mean they don't work---but I'll move on~ :)

Yes, it's more Everyday Button Bits! I have decided that the next time I sit down to play, I can't pick this set up---I just have too many other sets to only choose this one!

This card started out with Kraft cardstock that I punched with Fiskar's threading water punch. I stamped the balloon image from Button Bits onto some muslin fabric that I had put some cardstock backing on. Then I cut it out using a circle die. I left the die in place and sponged the fabric with Ballet Blue ink. I sewed on buttons using Rustic jute twine. Next I put all of that on a Labels Three die that I had embossed and cut in Enchanted Evening. I stamped the sentiment onto Bitty Box paper (again, I know!) and added some ribbon around the top. I popped the image up on dimensionals and that was it!

I'm so glad you came by today---the posts may be sparse this week---even though I'm a part time worker, this first week, I have to be there everyday---and we have 3 nights of activities this week---it has truly begun!! Thanks for looking and have a great Monday!


Stamps: Everyday Button Bits
Paper: Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Bitty Box patterned paper in Summer Sunrise, SS White (Backing for muslin) (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ballet Blue (SU!)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Lables Three die, Circle nestabilities die (Spellbinders), Muslin, Vintage buttons in New Leaf, Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf Saddle stitch grosgrain, Rustic jute twine (PTI), dimensionals (SU!)

No comments: