Friday, May 1, 2009

A Sketch Challenge

I went to a baby shower yesterday morning---one I had known about for at least three weeks, but I had just gone to get the gift the day before and I still needed a card to put with it at 7:30 in the morning----WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? I think I should cultivate a change in my life in this area---remember, cultivate is my word for the year---this would be a GREAT change for me to make....I must do this.....pardon me while I use my blog as a personal therapist!!

OK---to the card! I used Jen DelMuro's Sketch for You to Try from last Saturday. I always love her sketches, and since I was in a hurry (but you already know more about that than you want to) I thought it would be a quick start for me. I started out with Spring Rain cardstock---I'm a bit frustrated with my Spring Rain ink pad---it's not blue. I've done everything to it that I'm supposed to for it to "work" and it still isn't the right color.....anyway, I couldn't use any blue ink, so I pulled in a piece of patterned paper with colors that I knew weren't a problem.I stamped the little boat from Men of Life and added a button detail---it really was pretty fast and was just the theme I wanted. The details are below! Have a great day~

SFYTT baby:
Stamps: Men of Life, Scattered Showers (PTI)
Paper: Spring Rain, Ripe Avocado, SS White, Men of Life patterned paper (PTI)
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing folder (Provocraft), Double Ended tags (Spellbinders), Foof-a-la button, Hemp Twine, dimensionals (SU!), Fresh Snow grosgrain ribbon (PTI)

No comments: